Week 2 Assignment-Case Study: The Critical Need for Information Security
Week 2 Assignment – Case Study: The Critical Need for Information Security
Read the following articles:
- An Overview of Cyber-Attack and Computer Network Operations Simulation.
- The Need for a National Cybersecurity Research and Development Agenda.
Write a 4–5 page paper in which you:
- Identify at least three benefits or key knowledge points that could be derived from using cyber-attack simulator systems and research.
- Suggest how this insight could assist in defining the needs for security within an organization.
- Analyze and determine which sector, public or private, has greater insight on the potential of cyberattacks. Justify your answer by citing at least three examples.
- Suggest at least four best practices that should be implemented when developing a cybersecurity strategy within a security enterprise.
- Evaluate the required roles and functions of Information Technology (IT) personnel that would be required to sustain these best practices.
- Describe the role of planning when developing a cybersecurity strategy and what key deliverables would ensure effective implementation and transition.
- Suggest how public-private partnerships can strengthen cybersecurity efforts and effectiveness in a:
- Corporate environment
- Regional level
- National level
- Use three sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.